Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Landscaping Contribution

by Stevie Kirby 

I would not consider myself an entrepreneur, but I decided to start my own landscaping business.  We do everything from mowing and edging to treating for weeds and ants to landscape architecture.  I have a degree in landscape architecture, and I spent the first four years out of college working for a small company who designed public parks.  However, I grew bored with my job and needed a new challenge.  Even though it was the scariest thing I have ever done, I started my own business.  I created a website using my XO bundle that I found here, and I have an office in my home. I actually planned on growing the business to the point that I would not have to work outside but could hire effective labor to do the job. However, I have really enjoyed being outside.  It may sound weird, but I love coming home after a long day and feeling like I have put in an honest day’s work.  There were lots of days sitting in an office where I did not feel that way.  Even though it has not been very long, I think this is going to work out great.

No comments: